The following rules detail the entry and gameplay requirements for the “Just Women’s Sports 2023 Women’s Bracket Challenge” (the “Contest”), which is offered by Just Women’s Sports, Inc. (“Sponsor”) in connection with the 2023 Division I Women’s College Basketball Tournament taking place in March/April 2023 (the “Tournament”). By participating in any aspect of the Contest, you agree to these official rules (“Official Rules”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS LIMITED TO PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS OR HER PLACE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. THIS CONTEST SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE CONTEST IS TO ACCUMULATE THE MOST POINTS BY CORRECTLY SELECTING THE “WINNING TEAM” FOR AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OF THE SIXTY-THREE (63) WOMEN’S DIVISION I COLLEGE BASKETBALL GAMES ASSOCIATED WITH THE 2023 TOURNAMENT BY COMPLETING EACH OF THE SIX (6) ROUND’S BRACKETS, AS OUTLINED BELOW. PARTICIPANTS WILL EARN POINTS FOR EACH WINNING TEAM CORRECTLY PICKED THROUGH THEIR BRACKETS. THE NUMBER OF POINTS AWARDED FOR EACH CORRECT PICK OF A WINNING TEAM OF A GAME WILL INCREASE WITH EACH ROUND OF THE TOURNAMENT. FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT THE CONTEST APPLIES ONLY TO THE FIELD OF SIXTY-FOUR (64) TEAMS OF THE TOURNAMENT AND DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY PLAY-IN OR OTHER QUALIFYING GAMES.
1. SPONSOR. Just Women’s Sports, Inc., 8605 Santa Monica Boulevard, PMB 72622, West Hollywood, CA 90069-4109, as Sponsor, is solely responsible for all aspects of this Contest. For avoidance of doubt, any advertisers associated with the Contest, including DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. (“DICK’S”), shall solely be deemed a contributor for purposes of these Official Rules and shall bear no responsibility for the sponsorship or administration of this Contest. This Contest is not endorsed by, associated with, or sponsored by, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”), its members or partners.
2. ADMINISTRATOR. This Contest will be administered by GameOn Entertainment Technologies Inc., Suite 1080, 789 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 1H2, Canada (the “Administrator”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to only legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years or older (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) as of the date of entry. Members of any sex are eligible to participate. The following are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win any Prizes (defined below): (i) employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, DICK’S, each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/contest agencies; and (ii) the “immediate family members” and/or “household members” of any of the persons set forth in (i) above. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. In addition, persons who are currently involved in any capacity in any collegiate basketball program (including but not limited to college basketball players, coaches and their staffs) are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win any Prizes.
Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. Winning a Prize, as defined below, is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If you are a college athlete or expect to be one, participating in this Contest could affect your eligibility. This Contest is void in all U.S. Territories (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam), foreign territories not specifically included herein, and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
4. TIMING. Participation in the Contest begins on Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time and ends at the start of the first Tournament game, which is expected to occur on Friday, March 17, 2023(“Entry Period”). Participants’ picks for the Tournament games must be submitted, received, and recorded by Sponsor’s computer prior to the start of the first Tournament game (the “Lock Time”). Any picks submitted after the Lock Time will be ineligible. The first round of the Tournament is expected to begin on Friday, March 17, 2023 and the championship game is expected to be played on April 2, 2023 (or upon the completion of the final game of the Tournament) (the “Tournament Period”). The Tournament Period is subject to change based on the decisions of the NCAA. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times and days are Eastern Time. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. REGISTRATION & ENTRY. You must be a registered user on the Sponsor’s website (“Member”) to participate in the Contest. Registration is free. You may register to be a Member beginning on March 1, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. Registration does not constitute an entry into the Contest. To participate in the Contest, entrants must complete and submit a Tournament Bracket (see Section 6 below for details) during the Entry Period.
To register and to play, visit and follow the instructions at https://justwomenssports.com/bracketchallenge/ (“Website”) and in Section 6 below. The entry method available on the Website is referred to herein as the “Entry Method”. To play via the Entry Method, select the “Enter” button. You will need to log in with your Member user name or e-mail address and password; or, if you are not a registered Member, you will need to create an account. If you are not a Member, you may become a Member for free by visiting the Website, clicking on the profile icon, selecting the “Log In” link and selecting the “Sign Up” link and providing the requested information on the registration form to create an account. Sponsor reserves the right to change a Member’s user name in its sole discretion for any reason.
Once you are logged in, you will be automatically sent back to the entry page on the Entry Method.
To participate in the Contest, during the Entry Period you must complete and submit the online entry form located at the Website with all required information and contact details included.
If you are a Member but are not eligible for the Contest as per Section 3 above (including persons who are under 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence; persons who are legal residents of Puerto Rico and other United States territories and foreign territories or residents outside the United States), you may register for and submit a bracket “just for fun” (i.e., solely for entertainment purposes) but cannot participate in the Contest or win any Prize.
By entering the Contest, you are affirmatively consenting to receive communications from Sponsor and DICK’S (such as promotional emails or offers). If you wish to stop receiving such e-mail communications, please follow the opt-out instructions in accordance with Section 19 below.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/Member during the Entry Period, regardless of the number of email addresses or registered Member accounts. Multiple entries in violation of the preceding limit and/or mass entry attempts, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in disqualification of all entries by such person/Member and perhaps legal and/or other sanctions. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
*IMPORTANT: Data rates may apply if Contest entry is submitted via your mobile device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging/data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
Proof of submitting an entry does not constitute proof of receipt or entry into the Contest. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor/Administrator of a change in your e-mail address prior to the end of a given round in which you are participating.
6. HOW TO PLAY.
a. General. The objective of the Contest is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the “winning team” for each of the sixty-three (63) Women’s Division I college basketball games associated with the Tournament by completing each of the six (6) round’s brackets. For avoidance of doubt the Contest only applies to the field of sixty-four (64) teams of the Tournament and does NOT include any play-in or other qualifying games.
b. How to make your selections. To play, submit your selections by completing a Tournament Bracket following the posted instructions on the Entry Method.
c. Scoring. From all eligible brackets received, the Prize winners will be determined based on their ability to accumulate the most points during the Tournament as a whole. You may input and change your selections until the Lock Time. Incomplete brackets will still be entered into the Contest, but any Tournament games for which the participant fails to pick a winner will be treated as a loss and, as such, will result in no points. Points for a correct pick in a given round in the Tournament are shown below:
• Round 1 (Round of 64): 1 point per correct pick
• Round 2 (Round of 32): 2 points per correct pick
• Round 3 (Round of 16): 4 points per correct pick
• Round 4 (Round of 8): 8 points per correct pick
• Round 5 (Round of 4): 16 points per correct pick
• Round 6 (Championship game): 32 points per correct pick
In the event a Tournament basketball game does not occur as scheduled (e.g., due to cancellation), points will be awarded to the advancing team for that game upon determination by the NCAA.
d. Championship Game Score Prediction. Entrants may, but are not required to, submit a predicted score for the championship game in order to determine the entrant’s “Tiebreaker Game Score” as explained below. If no predicted score is submitted for an entry, said entry will not be included in the Tiebreaker Game Score. Although not required, entrants are encouraged to submit a Tiebreaker Game Score. Failure to do so could result in the entrant’s automatic loss of in the event of a tie, as explained below.
*NOTE - TIEBREAKER GAME SCORES WILL BE USED FOR LEADER BOARDS (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND ARE SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH HEREIN. AS EXPLAINED IN THE NEXT SECTION, LEADER BOARD RANKINGS DO NOT DETERMINE WHETHER YOU WILL WIN A PRIZE – THE FINAL DETERMINATION OF PRIZE WINNERS SHALL BE MADE EXCLUSIVELY BY SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR AFTER APPLYING ALL TIEBREAKERS AND ANY OTHER ADJUSTMENTS OR CORRECTIONS IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION, AND MAY NOT CORRESPOND WITH LEADER BOARD RANKINGS.
e. LEADER BOARDS. After Sponsor has completed scoring for each round (as well as the Contest overall), Members will be listed by user name along with their scores on a leader board (“Leader Board”) on the Website. Notwithstanding the posting of any Leader Board, Sponsor reserves the right to revise the scores and rankings of Members listed on the Leader Board at any time prior to any Prize award. Accordingly, even if a Member is listed as the highest point scorer in a final Leader Board, such Member is not guaranteed to win a Prize in the Contest. Inclusion of a Member in a final Leader Board does not constitute any notification of winning; potential winners will be notified only via email from Sponsor/Administrator (unless notified in another manner as determined by Sponsor/Administrator as determined in their sole discretion).
f. TIEBREAKERS. Any ties will be broken in accordance with the order below:
• Tiebreaker #1 - An entrant’s predicted score for the championship game is compared to the actual score of the championship game. The difference between the total amount of points scored in the Tournament’s championship game (after adding both teams’ points together) and the total amount of points that the entrant predicts will be scored shall be the entrant’s “Tiebreaker Game Score.” (See example below.) The entrant with the smallest Tiebreaker Game Score shall be the winner of the tiebreaker. If an entrant does not submit a predicted score for the championship game, then that entrant will not be eligible to win a tiebreaker and will be considered the lower ranked entry.
EXAMPLE: Entrant A submits a prediction of 100-98 (i.e., 198 combined points scored), and entrant B submits a prediction of 110-105 (i.e., 215 combined points scored). The actual championship game’s total score is 105-102 (i.e., 207 combined points). In this example, entrant A would have a Tiebreaker Game Score of 9 (because the difference between entrant A’s predicted total points and the actual total points scored is 9), and entrant B’s Tiebreaker Game Score would be 8 (because the difference between entrant B’s predicted total points and the actual total points scored is 8). In this scenario, entrant B wins the tie, as entrant B has the smaller absolute value difference between their predicted total score and the actual total score.
(If there is still a tie after Tiebreaker #1, proceed to Tiebreaker #2.)
• Tiebreaker #2 - The entrant whose time/date of corresponding last modified date was recorded in the system the earliest.
7. INTERRUPTION/CANCELLATION OF 2023 DIVISION I WOMEN’S COLLEGE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT DUE TO COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS AND RELATED DISRUPTIONS.
ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, DUE TO COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS (AND RELATED POTENTIAL DISRUPTIONS), THE TOURNAMENT MAY NOT BE CONDUCTED AS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED.
IF THE TOURNAMENT IS CANCELLED BEFORE THE FULL CONCLUSION OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, THE CONTEST WILL BE CANCELLED. NO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED UNLESS THE TOURNAMENT IS COMPLETED AND A CHAMPION IS CROWNED.
IF THE TOURNAMENT IS MODIFIED OR POSTPONED, SPONSOR WILL ENDEAVOR TO CONDUCT THE CONTEST AS ORIGINALLY INTENDED BY SCORING COMPLETED GAMES AND MODIFYING THE ROUNDS FOR WHICH SUCH SCORES ARE COUNTED, PROVIDED THAT SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE CONTEST IN ANY MANNER THAT SPONSOR DEEMS APPROPRIATE, ALL AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO CONTRACT OR EXTEND THE TIMING OF ONE OR MORE ROUNDS AND/OR THE CONTEST OVERALL, DUE TO THE TOURNAMENT BEING SUSPENDED OR PAUSED.
NOTICE OF SUCH ACTIONS BY SPONSOR WILL BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE.
8. PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION. Sponsor and/or Administrator will review all eligible entries received during the Entry Period overall to determine the highest scoring entry from among the entire entry pool. The Grand Prize winner will be selected based on the eligible entrant who ultimately receives the highest score in the Contest. The Runner-up Prize winners will be selected based on the two (2) eligible entrants with the next highest scoring entries (after the Grand Prize winner) in the Contest. In the event of a tie for the highest scoring entry by eligible entrants in the Contest (whether for the Grand Prize or a Runner-up Prize), Sponsor/Administrator will break the tie between the highest scoring eligible entries and determine the Prize winner based on the Tiebreaker procedures outlined above. There is no entry fee required to participate in the Contest. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No other forms of entry (fax, mail, email, phone or other) will be accepted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
Sponsor/Administrator shall determine the potential winners of the Prizes on or about April 4, 2023.
a. Grand Prize: Sponsor will award one (1) grand prize to the eligible entrant who ultimately receives the highest scoring entry in the Contest. The grand prize consists of a cash award in the amount of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars ($150,000.00 USD) delivered in the form of a check presented in the name of the winner (the “Grand Prize”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $150,000.00 USD.
b. Runner-up Prizes: Sponsor will award two (2) runner-up prizes to the eligible entrants with the next two (2) highest scoring entries in the Contest (after the Grand Prize Winner). The runner-up prize consists of one (1) Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card in the amount of Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($250.00 USD) (each, a “Runner-up Prize”; collectively, the “Runner-up Prizes”). ARV: $250 USD each; $500 USD total.
The Grand Prize and the Runner-up Prizes shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Prizes” and each a “Prize.”
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Prizes is $150,500.00 USD.
Odds of winning one of the Prizes depends on the total number of eligible entries received and the skill of the entrants. No prize substitution, assignment or transfer of a Prize permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or portion thereof with one of comparable or greater value. THE PRIZE WINNERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES. Should taxes or duties be payable on a Prize, the winner shall be responsible for completing the declarations required by the relevant authorities and shall ensure that the relevant taxes or duties are duly paid. For the avoidance of doubt, all taxes on a Prize and all costs and expenses related to acceptance and use of a Prize not specified in these Official Rules as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor will report to the Internal Revenue Service via 1099 Tax Form the total value of Prize won. Sponsor is solely responsible for the distribution of the Prizes to each Prize winner. Each Prize winner agrees to complete a W9 Tax Form with his/her Social Security Number and to otherwise cooperate with Sponsor as to Sponsor’s compliance with Internal Revenue Service and other tax reporting requirements. Prize winners should allow up to 8-10 weeks after completion of the prize claim procedure (including, if applicable, the return of their signed, notarized Affidavit of Eligibility (defined below)) to receive their Prize.
Each Prize is awarded at the total discretion of Sponsor or of its affiliate companies, and no Prize will be awarded to a participant if that participant has committed, or benefited from, irregular actions for this purpose. The awarding of a Prize may not be contested, and a Prize may not be either exchanged or replaced, except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Each Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied.
Each Prize will be awarded and delivered by Sponsor, and to an address only within the 50 United States or Washington, D.C. (no P.O. Boxes allowed), unless the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, awards a Prize in-person to the winner.
10. ENTRY ERRORS/NO RETURN OF ENTRIES; DISPUTES. Neither Sponsor, Administrator, DICK’S, nor any contributors are responsible for lost, late, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor, Administrator, DICK’S, nor any contributors are responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winner may be required to show proof of identification, and Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that his/her identification matches the user information associated with the winning entry (both at the time of entry and at the time of verification of a potential winner). SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL WINNER IF IT DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT ANY USER INFORMATION WAS CHANGED OR FALSIFIED IN ORDER TO MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. The decisions of the professional referees officiating the games shall be final and binding regarding the outcome and scoring of the game.
11. POTENTIAL WINNER. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED (INCLUDING ENTRANT’S TIMELY SUBMISSION OF AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, IF APPLICABLE) AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
Potential winner will be notified via email (or overnight mail, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), at the contact information provided in the potential winner’s entry form, sent within thirty (30) business days following the end of the Tournament Period. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor if his or her contact information has changed. To do so, e-mail email@example.com to update your contact information. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected (i.e., the eligible entrant with the next highest scoring entry) if (i) he/she does not comply with these Official Rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, (iii) the Prize is undeliverable for any reason, or (iv) he/she does not timely submit a completed Affidavit of Eligibility (defined below) or any other required documentation to Sponsor. If Sponsor notifies, seeks to deliver a Prize to, or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified, then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the Prize. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Contest (including acceptance of any Prize) not specified herein.
12. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/LIABILITY RELEASE/PUBLICITY RELEASE. As a condition of receiving a Prize, Sponsor may require potential winner to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release (an “Affidavit of Eligibility”), as well as any additional required information, releases or responses, and/or W-9 Forms of the IRS (if required by IRS regulations) or other tax forms, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the Prize and selection of an alternate winner.
Except where prohibited, participation in this Contest and acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, Administrator’s, DICK’S, contributor’s, and any of their respective agents’ use of winner’s name, image, likeness, voice, statements, entry, opinions, city and state of residence, and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade and/or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval, except where prohibited under law.
13. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Contest are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest (unless prohibited under law) and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to participate. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest in any manner, including by not awarding any or all of the Prizes, (unless prohibited under law) if, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, or pandemic/epidemic; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), or (d) cancellation, suspension or postponement of any game. In the event that the Tournament is terminated early or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout or as a result of COVID-19), no Prizes will be awarded.
14. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY; PUBLICITY. By participating in this Contest or receiving a Prize, entrants (and, in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, DICK’S, each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, copyright, trademark, defamation or invasion of privacy).
By entering, entrants authorize Sponsor and DICK’S and its agents and designees to use their name, voice, image, likeness, entry, photograph, statements, Prize information (if applicable), biographical data, and city and state of residence in programming, advertising and/or promotional material or on a Winner’s List without compensation to the extent permitted by law, and without further permission from, or compensation or notification to, you, and you further agree to execute any specific consent needed or requested by Sponsor or its designees in furtherance of such use. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without obligation or compensation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
15. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Contest is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. Division I Women’s College Basketball has adopted specific legislation prohibiting athletic department staff members, conference office staff, national office staff and student-athletes from engaging in sports gambling activities as they relate to intercollegiate or professional sporting events.
16. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Contest or the Prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Contest; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Contest; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, access to, copying or downloading materials from the Website or any other website, or receipt or use of any Prize; or (7) for any cancellation, suspension or postponement of any type of game, or event of force majeure.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
By participating in the Contest, you represent and warrant as follows: [a] you are eligible to win a Prize; [b] you did not submit any false or deceptive information in your participation in the Contest; and [c] you did not violate these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify (and refuse to accept or remove) any participant that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems to violate these Official Rules.
17. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the awarding of a Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California/Western Division or California State court situated in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” You expressly waive and release any right or benefit which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, to the full extent that you may waive all such rights and benefits pertaining to the matters released here. In connection with such waiver and relinquishment, you acknowledge that you are aware that you may hereafter discover claims presently unknown or unsuspected, or facts in addition to or different from those which you now know or believe to be true, with respect to the matters released herein; nevertheless, it is your intention through this release to fully and finally and forever settle and release all such matters and claims relative thereto, which do not exist, may exist or heretofore have existed between yourself and the Sponsor related to the Contest. The release herein given shall be and remain in effect as a full and complete release of such claims and matters notwithstanding the discovery or existence of any such additional or different claims or facts relative thereto.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
18. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
20. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNER LIST. To obtain any legally-required winner’s list (after the conclusion of the Contest) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a written request, enclosed with a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed, to: Just Women’s Sports, Inc., Attn: Sydney Shaw, 8605 Santa Monica Boulevard, PMB 72622, West Hollywood, CA 90069-4109 (VT residents may omit return postage). The request must be received within six months after the conclusion of the Entry Period.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by the NCAA, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. DICK’S is not the Sponsor or Administrator of this Contest, as those terms are defined in these Official Rules.