The 2022 WNBA regular season is coming down to the wire as teams begin to secure playoff spots.
Five teams have already punched their tickets to the postseason, with the Chicago Sky, Las Vegas Aces, Connecticut Sun, Seattle Storm and Washington Mystics clinching playoff berths.
Just three of the eight postseason spots remain up for grabs, with the six teams still in the running separated by two games. Those six teams include the Dallas Wings, Phoenix Mercury, Los Angeles Sparks, Atlanta Dream, Minnesota Lynx and New York Liberty.
The Liberty, while they sit in last place among those contenders at 11-18, have no games remaining against the five top teams in the league. All of their final seven games come against other teams in the running for the final three playoff spots.
The postseason will begin on Aug 17 and will feature best-of-three first-round series in a standard bracket format. Teams will then move on best-of-five semifinal and final series.
1. Chicago Sky (23-7) — Playoff berth clinched
2. Las Vegas Aces (22-8) — Playoff berth clinched
3. Connecticut Sun (20-10) — Playoff berth clinched
4. Seattle Storm (19-11) — Playoff berth clinched
5. Washington Mystics (19-12) — Playoff berth clinched
6. Dallas Wings (13-16)
7. Phoenix Mercury (13-17)
8. Los Angeles Sparks (12-17)
9. Atlanta Dream (12-18)
10. Minnesota Lynx (12-19)
11. New York Liberty (11-18)
12. Indiana Fever (5-27) — Eliminated from playoff contention